Which describes how a Service Worker operates?
- None of these answer options describe a Service Worker
- It can be used only when the user is browsing the website
- It doesn’t handle network requests coming from the navigation on the website
- It runs a programmable network proxy
When referring to the critical rendering path in site performance, a critical resource is:
- a resource that could block initial display of the page
- any resource that returns 404
- any resource that must be loaded
- a resource that takes more than 500ms to load
Why did Facebook create “2G Tuesdays”?
- Facebook didn’t create “2G Tuesdays”
- To understand how people on 2G use their product
- To run random experiment
- Most users are on 2G
A Progressive Web App:
- slows experience and therefore decreases advertisers conversion rate
- is the same as Accelerated Mobile Page
- works even with unreliable network through service worker
- needs high bandwidth environments
Which of the following is NOT a best practice for a financial company to keep users from dropping out of the funnel?
- Remembering and prefilling preferences of registered users in forms
- Asking for registration to use the site
- Letting users convert as a guest
- Using click-to-call buttons for complicated forms or complex tasks
In the layout step, the browser:
- first resizes elements before computing their position
- forces the DOM to be rebuilt
- computes the size and position of render tree elements
- displays the on-screen elements in their new positilons
Which is an example of an unnecessary resource negatively impacting the user experience?
- optimized images
- one web font
- a photo carousel on the homepage that allows the visitor to preview multiple photos with a quick click
- lazy loading
Why are push notifications important for advertisers?
- They deliver timely updates to users
- All of the answer options are correct
- The information they deliver can be acted on immediately
- They give users the opportunity to re-engage with content they are interested in
Why can an intermittently available mobile network result in a poor experience?
- Enabling WiFi reduces battery life
- It uses more data
- Some assets might not be loaded
- It is less secure than WiFi
To discover and prioritize landing pages for potential improvements to the user design, you should check the:
- Landing Pages Report focusing on Bounce Rate metric
- All Pages Report focusing on Average Time on Page metric
- All Pages Report focusing on Unique Page Views metric
- Exit Pages Report focusing on Page Views metric
Which of the following is NOT a best practice to optimize forms on mobile?
- Offering users a numerical keyboard for telephone number field
- Showing labels inside form fields for convenience
- Exposing options instead of using a drop-down menu
- Using a real-time validation for errors in forms
Before introducing mobile site design best practices to your clients, you should examine their.
- design process
- existing mobile sites
- page speed scores
- staffing and budget
AMP ______ the page ______ waiting for resources to download:
- indexes; while
- displays; after
- lays out; without
- caches; before
When using Chrome devtools, what should you limit the connectivity to?
- No Throttling
- Regular 2G
- Regular 3G
- Regular 4G
The render tree contains:
- the DOM
- the styles of the page
- visible content
- content of the page
True or false: Constructing the Document Object Model (DOM) requires style information.
Keeping CSS independent of HTML allows us to treat_______and _______as separate concerns.
- content; design
- images; articles
- user experience; speed
- analytics; optimization
What is a valid event for a Service Worker to emit when it’s registered?
At a minimum, what page weight should you be aiming for?
- Less than 1MB
- More than 3MB
True or False: You can experiment with google Analytics features by using the Google Merchandise Store demo account.
True or false: A/B testing allows you to test two or more elements on the site to understand their effects on each other
Which of the following reports in Google Analytics helps you to identify leakages from the conversion funnel?
- Product Performance Report
- Top Landing Pages Report
- Device Usage Report
- Checkout Behavior Analysis Report
- are accessed through the desktop device’s web browser
- have specific functionality for mobile devices
- require approvals to access
- need to be downloaded or installed to a device
To deliver the fastest possible time to first render, you should minimize the number of:
- critical resources
- CSS classes
- critical HTML classes
Which of these features is part of a Progressive Web App?
- Add to home screen
- Location API
- Call API
- UX API
Which of the following is NOT true about site search experience on mobile sites?
- Users rely on filters to narrow down search results
- Positioning site search at the top of a mobile page with an open-text search box is a best practice
- Smart search features like auto-complete and corrected misspelling are especially important to have on small screens?
- Comprehensive search results are better than concise results
How does AMP work?
- Doesn’t let extension mechanisms block rendering
- Allows only asynchronous scripts
- All of the above
True or false: Mobile pages that load 1 second faster see up to a 27% increase in conversion rate.
Which metric is affected by slow pagespeed?
- Clickthrough rate
- Viewthrough rate
- Conversion rate
The App shell helps with:
- Making the full page load faster
- Creating a fully optimized site
- Making transitions between pages faster
- Improves elements of the UX
How do you prioritize optimization of the mobile site for browser versions or screen resolutions:
- Prioritize the site with the highest conversion rates
- Optimize all at the same time
- Look for the oldest version of your site
- Look for the highest number of sessions and lowest conversion rates (or highest bounce rates)
What’s the fastest and best-optimized resource?
- The one not sent
- An image
- Web fonts
Image information such as location and camera description can often be deleted to reduce image sizes. This type of information is called:
How many times per second do most devices refresh their screens?
How can you make the job a lot simpler for the browser?
- Create more complex CSS
- Follow the style guide
- Add more parents
- Change the selector to a class
Resources with responses that are ______ for all users are great candidates to be cached by a CDN.
Which of the following describes the Payment Request API correctly?
- It replaces your payment processor
- It is designed for external card readers
- It bypasses the checkout form
- It requires a phone number with a fingerprint reader
Which allows for efficient font reuse between pages?
- WOFF2 fonts
- The font matching algorithm
- Revalidation token
- The local() directive
Which is NOT true about Responsive Sites?
- Responsive Sites usually have faster load times vs Separate (m.dot) Sites
- Responsive Sites have one codebase, deployment and URL
- Responsive Sites are cost-effective
- Responsive Sites are easier to maintain
What does “Variant A” in A/B Testing usually represent?
- Test version of the web page that is modified from the original
- Original version of the web page
At a minimum, what Speed index score should you be aiming for?
- Greater than 5000
- Within 10% of similar sites
- Greater than 95%
- Less than 5000
According to a Google poll, what is the top frustration when users browse the web on their mobile device?
- Being shown interstitials
- Not knowing where to click
- Watching a video
- Waiting for slow pages to load
Currently, Google Optimize does NOT currently allow you to:
- do heatmap analysis to better understand to user behaviour on your site
- use your existing goals and metrics in Google Analytics as experiment objectives
- test new website designs, layouts and content with a subset of your visitors
- serve experiments to specific groups of users that you’ve defined as Audiences in Google Analytics
The first step to optimize the critical rendering path is to:
- minimize number of critical resources: eliminate them, defer their download, mark them as async, and so on
- analyze and characterize your critical path: number of resources, bytes, length
- optimize the order in which the remaining critical resources are loaded: download all critical assets as early as possible to shorten the critical path length
- optimize the number of critical bytes to reduce the download time (number of roundtrips)
For each font on your website you should:
- minimize the HTML
- male sure to add as many as possible
- minimize the number of used variants
- add CSS
What is a tool that you can use to emulate and simulate a site that’s experiencing poor or unreliable connectivity?
Which most accurately describes the purpose of compression?
- Minimizing file size
- Fitting more into the cache
- Making the code faster
- Combining files
Which is a benefit of a mobile site over an app for businesses?
- Shorter development timelines. Mobile sites allow for easy updating (for example, users don’t need to accept or install your updates.
- You have to build a separate site for tablets and phones
- Mobile sites require approvals before one can gain access
- Mobile sites only work on Android
Before the browser can render the page, it needs to construct the:
- UX trees
- Pixel pipeline
- DOM and CSSOM trees
- 3ms – 4ms
- 9ms – 10ms
- 5ms – 6ms
- 7ms – 8ms
Which changes to “geometric properties” affect the layout?
- All of the above
Which of the following statements is true about the mobile experience of users?
- It’s important to show a prominent “Full site” label on a mobile site
- it’s important to use call-to-action buttons to keep users in the same browser window
- Users are willing to accept longer load times for high-resolution images
- It’s important to show as much information as possible on the visible part of a mobile site
In which of the following situations can a high bounce rate be interpreted as a good metric?
- Campaign landing page brings the user to a page where the company promotes their phone number to receive calls
- Campaign landing page brings the user to the product detail page
- Campaign landing page brings user to the first step of a 3-step lead generation form
Which of the following describes an App shell?
- It discourages caching of content that overlaps across pages of the website
- It provides a fast first impression gracefully transitioning to a fully loaded page
- It comprises of all page elements which are dependant of the specific page contents
A good notification:
- is relevant
- delivers in the background
- has a default action
- can be dismissed
To optimize for speed, you shouldn’t use too many webfonts and you should minimize the number of _____.
Why do CSS @imports harm performance?
- They create a less efficient CSSOM
- They require additional CPU time to parse
- They can introduce unwanted dependences
- @import loads files less efficiently than <link>
Which of these are NOT part of AMP:
- Inline CSS
- Custom fonts
- AMP HTML
True or false: To instruct the browser to use the default device width, you would use <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width”>.
Which format is preferred for the multi-device and high-resolution icons?
- Data URL’s
- Vector (SVG)
Which can be sacrificed to reduce the file size of an image?
- rendering speed
- color range
Which is true about calls-to-action usage on mobile homepages?
- Calls-to-action should be prominent on the visible area of the mobile homepage
- Use only menus
- Keep call to action on the second page
- Same calls-to-action should be used both on mobile and desktop sites
Which components often account for most of the downloaded bytes on a web page?
True or false: Using a mix of desktop and mobile-optimized pages on mobile sites improves the user experience since some users are more familiar with the desktop version of the site.
Research shows that mobile users expect to:
- see the logo below the fold on mobile sites
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them to a “Contact Us” page
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them to new products
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them back to the homepage
Some users aren’t comfortable converting on their mobile device. What could be an action you can take to improve their experience?
- Making your primary call-to-action buttons more prominent
- Showing the desktop version of the site on mobile devices
- Offering secondary call-to-action buttons, like social sharing
- Asking the user to register to save their details
True or false: Images should never change when rotating a device screen or between different device sizes